Melbourne 9D8N Itinerary (Part 3) Great Ocean Road

April 14, 2017



Day 4 in Melbourne deserves a full post because its the Great Ocean Road, need I say more?
We were super excited for this tour as *duh THIS IS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE WHOLE TRIP!!!
This first picture is the walkway to the twelve apostles. It felt like nature's welcoming red carpet to the greatest moment of your life.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE. THERE IS NO TURNING BACK.
I am. I am ready. Show me.

A bit of a background on Great Ocean Road. Built by returned soldiers between 1919 and 1932 and dedicated to soldiers killed during World War I, the road is the world's largest war memorial.
It stretches 664km long and will take a full day to actually complete it all.

Image result for great ocean road map

First stop in the GOR journey- the GOR memorial arch at eastern view
Cars were going to and fro this highway thus me looking like I'm going to duck anytime.
But it ain't stopping us taking this shot!


Just right beside the memorial arch is a beach that boast of rolling mountains and fierce waves.
Natures way to prepare us for the spectacular coastlines of the GOR


Just me and my bae, travelling across the GOR. They say it doesn't matter where you go as long as it is with the right person. Boy are they right! It wouldn't be as memorable as it is without you #baegoals Missing those days when it was just me and you. You and me.


Along the coastal lines, how nice to be staying in one of these houses!


The road to at the GOR is all turns and slopes and it is a two way highway so if you're driving, do beware of all the slopes! Drive pacefully and take in all the views
Too bad it was only 2 of us girls, driving along the GOR would make the trip even more unforgettable. Oh well, next time then! One of the reasons we have to come back to this beautiful place

Image result for great ocean road coastal lines

Image result for great ocean road coastal lines


Just before going down to the Twelve Apostles. I need to remember this moment forever.
The beating of my heart, the adrenaline rush, the anticipation for the feast for my eyes, the sea breeze already in my hair. I can do it. Be calm, oh beating heart.


Now feast on the Twelve Apostles!
I am in awe of God's creation. How can it be that I am seeing this surreal view with my own eyes?
Everytime I see my pictures, I still can't believe that I was actually there.
The roaring waves, the blue sky. The chirping birds. The clear cut cliffs. Soaking everything in.



Okay. Maybe it does not look as mesmerizing in just pictures. BUT. Come see it for your own then you'll know what the fuss is all about.


SO SURREAL. I CANNOT.



One bucket list down.
Situation above the cliffs. Awesome in their own way.


At the other side of the Twelve Apostles is the Loch Ard George. It was said that the in 1878 the was a shipwith 52 passengers on board heading to England, however, due to the tiny opening, the ship crashed and only two survivors made it and was washed on shore.
Now, thousands of people flock to it to view its magnificent landscape.

Related image

Like what I said, there is no turning back on all this spectacular nature.


After such magnificent view, my heart needs some calming. A stroll into the quiet peaceful village of Port Campbell is just what I needed. Like I said, every single angle is picturesque.


Ending our day with one salted caramel ice cream please!


Til then,
XO

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram